PhilC Designs :: View topic - Hair designer Poser Crash - not a new issue

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  Plug-ins, Content & Tutorials for Poser
Hair designer Poser Crash - not a new issue

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NanetteTredoux

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:36 pm    Post subject: Hair designer Poser Crash - not a new issue Reply with quote

A report-back Phil:

Having re-report this to you, I came back and saw my previous post - the issue is not new. This problem still persists for me. I am unable to save any hair designer-made prop or figure from within Poser. I have tried with the anti-virus on and off. It makes no difference whether I run Poser as administrator or not. Even the simplest hair item, containing one of the Hair Designer elements, causes the crash. It doesn't happen with a specific scene, it happens with any scene containing a hair designer element, when I choose "save as".

I tried it with Poser Pro 2014 (latest update) and also with Poser Pro 2012 (latest update).

My workaround is to save all the items out to Blender, re-import them one by one to retain the materials, finish it off there and bring it back into Poser as a single prop, but I am sure this is not the way you intended the utility to work.

Please let me know if you find a solution. In the meantime Hair designer is broken for me.
Sad
PhilC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Nanette,

Have to say that this bug was a little tricky to track down. Such is the way with Poser service releases, everything works fine until they "fix it". Culprit here was the FocusDistanceControl now being viewed by Poser as a regular prop. Go figure!.

Place the attached file in C:\Program Files\Smith Micro\Poser Pro 2014\Runtime\Python\poserScripts\PhilC\Hair Designer.

All checks out here, hope it does there Smile

Regards

Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much Phil. Wonderful to have Hair Designer working as intended again!
rlowens68

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I miss the file? Not really using hair designer much right now, but if it's a fix, probably best to have it installed (yes using poser pro 2014), if it can be made available again please.

Thank you.
PhilC
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, just email me with all your details and I'll set up a new download for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhilC Designs Forum Index -> Hair Designer All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: